The participating psychologists in the Collaborative Divorce Experts collaborative practice group, who serve as child specialists and co-parenting advisors in the collaborative process offer divorce consulting services designed to:
- Establish effective co-parent communication skills that result in healthier/happier children
- Assess children’s needs and functioning post-separation/divorce
- Provide the best strategies for talking with children about separation/divorce at any developmental stage
- Provide expert guidance on the impact of separation/divorce on children from now into their distant future
- Advise parents about the latest research and strategies for raising families post-separation/divorce
- Help parents navigate and problem-solve co-parenting challenges and differences of opinion
- Prepare parents for a long future of co-parenting including the healthiest plans for talking about divorce in the future, introducing children to dating and/or future romantic partners, and co-parenting with children who have transitioned out of the immediate family (e.g. College, workforce, etc.).
Divorce consulting services can help to build healthier relationships between children and parents. It also provides access to experts on the short and long-term impact of divorce on children and helps guide parents through what to expect from their children during separation and divorce.
Each divorce consultant has participated in extensive collaborative divorce training sessions to learn how to adapt their skills to support families in transition.
For more information about Divorce Consulting visit the 3C Family Services Website.